The Brandon Residential Treatment Center and Day School, New England’s leading treatment center for boys with emotional and behavioral difficulties, provides an exciting, challenging and rewarding environment to work in. Much of what makes Brandon a strong and successful organization is the dedication, diversity, experience and expertise of our staff.
We are seeking: experienced Teacher’s Assistants
Schedule: 7:00am -3:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Be able to evaluate a student’s education and therapeutic goals
- Serve as in-house substitute for absent teachers
- Participate in the IEP process as required
- Serve as a role model for clients at all times
- Provide corrective/learning experience for the students
- Set and maintain consistent/constructive limits
- Plan and participate in assigned activities
- Provide support to the residences during transition prior to school each morning
- Salary: $11- $13 per hour based on experience
- The Brandon Residential Treatment Center offers Health (with premium costs decreasing for the employee the longer he/she stays), Dental, Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and a very generous time-off plan which increases the longer an employee stays.
- Brandon is an EEO Employer
- Smoking is Prohibited on all Brandon School properties.
- Experience in Group Management of Children 8-18 years old
Good communicator and listener
- Up tempo personality, assertive, outgoing and confident
- Be able to listen to both sides of a situation and base any decision on a neutral
understanding of the facts
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in education preferred but not required
- Persons with lived personal or family experience encouraged to apply.