Accountability & Credentials
Families have options for where they seek education and treatment for their child; Brandon supports your right to choose the setting you feel is best for your family. Accountability is of pinnacle concern when you trust others with the health and wellbeing of your child. We take the responsibility very seriously and strive to offer the highest quality of services available including:
- Professionalism and proficiency of staff
- Safety and quality of facilities
- Availability of evidence-based and emerging best practices
Brandon and Brandon Staff maintain the following credentials:
- MAAPS: Brandon is a Massachusetts Association of Approved Private Schools
- Massachusetts Children’s League:
- COA: Brandon is Nationally Accredited by The Council On Accreditation
- CARE: Brandon is the premier CARE (Children And Residential Experiences) Program in Massachusetts and offers a research-based, principle-driven Practice Model developed by Cornell University. All staff are CARE certified and routinely trained.
- TCI: Brandon offers Therapeutic Crisis Intervention for crisis prevention and management. TCI prevents use of restraints and provides critical skills. All staff are TCI Certified and routinely trained.
- Caring Together: Brandon is approved by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health & Human Services (EOHHS) to provide the following services for youth and families: Residential School, Intensive Group Home 1:3, Follow-Along, and Stabilization Assessment & Rapid Reunification (STARR).
- Licensed: Brandon is licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) which enforces a rigorous and exceptional standard for the care of children.
- Approved: Brandon’s Special Education School is approved by the Massachusetts Department of Early and Secondary Education (ESE)
- ACART: Brandon is the premier organization in the US to offer the Australian Center for Arson Research and Treatment model for Group Therapy Work
- CPR: All staff working with children are CPR certified
- MAP: All staff who administer medications to children are certified by (MAP)
- FIRST AID
- 501(c)3: Brandon is 501(c)3 organization, a nonprofit agency in good standing.
- Staff Licensure: Individual, family and group therapy is delivered by Licensed Professionals or Graduate Interns, under supervision of LAPs.
In addition to these features, Brandon is a pioneer in firesetting assessment, treatment and training. Brandon hosts the Northeast Youth Firesetting Conference consistently hosts more than 200 attendees and expert presenters from across the U.S.