Placing families at the center of care, and repairing and restoring relationships, is integral to successful treatment. At Brandon you will see that the family is our focus.
Placing families at the center of care, and repairing and restoring relationships, is integral to successful treatment. At Brandon you will experience:
- Responsive communication
- Support for family visits, home passes, transitions, and reunification
- A dedicated Case Manager and Clinician
- Collaborative treatment planning
- Progress measurement and reviews
- Fun family events
Each family is unique and Brandon Family Therapy builds on the specific strengths of your family, and addresses what you uphold as important. Clinicians are licensed professionals of the healing arts (LPHA) with one of the following licenses: LICSW, LMHC, LMFT, OTR; or a graduate intern supervised by an LPHA.
- Brandon clinicians specialize in one or more of the following: Trauma-informed Approaches, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Trauma-focused CBT, Family Therapies, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing, Anger Management, Expressive Therapies, Social Skills Training, Adoption Concerns, Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Clinicians arrange evening sessions for parents with daytime obligations and offer weekend sessions
- Brandon assists families in using Skype Video Conferencing when an in-person session is not possible.
- Spanish-speaking clinicians are available
You will always be welcomed at Brandon when your family is spending time on campus or at the houses. Our campus, residences, and school host settings for families to visit privately, share lunch or dinner, or to play board games, catch, or basketball. Brandon is pleased to help to transport your son for time with family on evenings, weekends, and holidays. Brandon offers taxi transport from local public transit stops and provides complimentary hotel accommodations for long-distance families.The surrounding area hosts many family-friendly attractions and activities:
- Cochituate State Park (swimming, hiking, canoeing, fishing, kite flying, picnics…)
- Miniature Golf
- Fun & Games (Skee Ball, laser tag, arcade)
- Dairy Queen
- International dining options: American, Mexican, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Brazilian and more
- Shopping at the Natick Collection (Macy’s, Nordstrom, or Shoppers World (Marshalls, Borders Books, Toys R Us)
- Target, Walmart & Kohl’s are also nearby
- All of Boston’s attractions are just 15 miles east: Museum of Science, Faneuil Hall/ Quincy Market, New England Aquarium, Fenway Park, Harvard Square
- Local, family-friendly events and locations can always be found on http://www.bostoncentral.com