Brandon School and Residential Treatment Center, located in Natick, MA, is an 80+ bed treatment program serving boys 7 to 18 years old with complex social, emotional, and behavioral challenges. If you enjoy a high energy environment surrounded by dedicated professionals and amazing kids then come join our community! Brandon is a strong and successful organization due in large part to the dedication, diversity, experience, and expertise of our staff.
We are seeking Residential Counselors to join our team. Residential counselors are responsible for providing quality direct care to the youth and families we serve. This position will strengthen your direct care skills, as you develop therapeutic relationships with the boys and their families, engage them in fun and creative activities, serve as a role model, and teach them valuable life skills. Qualified candidates will have a passion for helping boys who have experienced traumatic life events. Candidates will bring positive energy to work every day, have a sense of humor, enjoy creating a home like environment through cooking meals and cleaning, and most importantly the ability and desire to care for and nurture our boys.
Overnight Awake Sunday-Wednesday OFF; Thursday-Saturday 11:00pm-9:00am
Weekend: $13 – $16.25 hr
- High school diploma required
- Minimum three-years-experience working in human services/mental health field
- Must have a valid MA driver’s license and DEEC CORI/DCF background check
- Able to participate in physical interventions
- MAP certified a plus
- Persons with lived personal or family experience encouraged to apply
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team to ensure a therapeutic milieu that meets Brandon’s standards of CARE.
- Think creatively as you implement ideas to engage youth and families in treatment (traditions, activities, etc.)
- Maintain an inviting space for all Brandon community members and external parties visiting, especially family members so they feel like a part of their child’s life despite out of home placement.
- Maintain documentation systems in the program ensuring they are timely, clear, and concise.
- Ensure appropriate implementation of the Brandon Behavior Support Policy and TCI techniques.
- Be awake and stay to ensure adequate monitoring of clients and facility
- Call in to central voice mail every half- hour between 11:00pm-9:00am
- Check in with evening staff regarding clients’ behaviors
- Secure the building during the shift. Do routine bed checks (at least every 15 minutes) on all clients, observing and noting behavior and dynamics of sleep