Brandon School and Residential Treatment Center, located in Natick, MA, is an 80+ bed treatment program and DESE licensed school serving boys 7 to 18 years old with complex social, emotional, and behavioral challenges. If you enjoy a high energy environment surrounded by dedicated professionals and amazing kids then come join our community! Brandon is a strong and successful organization due in large part to the dedication, diversity, experience, and expertise of our staff.
We are seeking an experienced School Nurse Manager to join our team. The School Nurse Manager is responsible for oversight of our School’s Nursing Office operations and reports directly to the Director of Nursing. This position provides the opportunity to not only utilize your direct care skills, but your leadership and management skills as you provide oversight, coaching, and guidance to a team of professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Current RN license
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Minimum five-years-experience working in a school or healthcare facility with supervisory experience
- Must have a valid MA driver’s license
- DEEC CORI/DCF background check
- MAP experience/Med Delegation a plus
Qualified candidates will have a passion for helping youth who have experienced traumatic life events and the ability to develop therapeutic relationships with kids and families. Candidate will bring positive energy to work every day, a sense of humor, serve as a role model for staff and kids, and of utmost importance, possess leadership skills that support and guide their team to always ensure the highest quality of healthcare to our population.
- Responsible for daily operations of the School Nurse’s Office under the oversight of the Director of Nursing.
- Provides direction to medical secretary, medical aids and school nurse to ensure efficient operations.
- Ensure a safe, nurturing, caring atmosphere for all youth at Brandon.
- Oversee the school nurse standards by implementing routine medical services to youth including postural examinations, flu shots, lice treatment, etc.
- Ensure and work within nursing scope of practice to provide optimal medical care, while adhering to DEEC and DESE regulations.
- Collaborate effectively with other departments to ensure that medical and health needs are met.