LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: BA Degree required. PE teaching licensure or waiver required. SPED Licensure in addition to PE licensure preferred. First Aid, CPR, and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) Certification are required to be successfully completed before the end of the 90 day new employee probation period and are required to be maintained throughout employment. Employees will also be required to complete a CARE 5 day certification course during first year of employment. Agency scheduled and required trainings, E-Learning trainings as assigned, and any other program specific training as scheduled. Continued skill development and maintain certifications.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Bachelors degree required; BA Degree required. PE teaching licensure required. SPED Licensure in addition to PE licensure preferred. Experience working in school setting required. Valid driver’s license. Valid DEEC CORI/Background check.
- Actively participate in required orientations, department meetings, treatment teams, conference, supervisions and trainings.
- Provide professional role modeling for clients and maintain appropriate boundaries and social interactions with clients.
- Work as a team with all Brandon staff, programs and departments by communicating all pertinent information efficiently and effectively and by completing all daily documentation, conference reports and required forms.
- Set and maintain consistent limits while providing a corrective learning experience for clients.
- Provide therapeutic support with non-violent physical interventions.
- Assist in maintaining the appearance and condition of all agency facilities and property.
- Represent the agency in a position and professional manner.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by supervisory or management staff.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement an appropriate curriculum for physical education and health that addresses the MA Curriculum Frameworks/Common Core Standards. Plan physical education/health program to promote development of students’ physical attributes and social skills.
- Teach and/or oversee individual and team sports to students, utilizing knowledge of sports techniques and of physical capabilities of students. Coordinate Brandon’s athletic program to include scheduling games and oversight of coaching staff.
- Assess client performance levels, learning styles, strengths and weaknesses and develop appropriate goals and objectives.
- Measure and evaluate client progress. Confer with students, parents and school counselors to resolve student problems.
- Select, store, order, issue and inventory equipment, materials and supplies used in physical education/athletics program as required.
- Participate in the IEP process as required.
- Prepare weekly lesson plans and substitute lesson plans.
- Complete all paperwork including assessment reports, quarterlies, year-end reports, report cards and IEP goals and objectives as required and on time.
- Maintain an organized, neat and stimulating physical education space.
- Collaborate with members from the organization (including but not limited to nursing, food program, occupational therapy, etc.) to propose and/or support programs that promote a healthy lifestyle among our students.
- Upon completion of BRTC transportation orientation will drive BRTC vehicles as needed.
Monday-Friday 7am-3pm. 36k-48k depending on licensure, experience, and college degree.