LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: First Aid, CPR, and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) Certification are required to be successfully completed before the end of the 90 day new employee probation period and are required to be maintained throughout employment. Employees will also be required to complete a CARE 5 day certification course during first year of employment. Agency scheduled and required trainings, E-Learning trainings as assigned, and any other program specific training as scheduled. Continued skill development and maintain certifications.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Bachelors degree preferred; Experience working in school setting preferred. Valid driver’s license. Valid DEEC CORI/Background check.
- Contribute to creating a safe, nurturing, caring atmosphere for youth at Brandon
- Demonstrate an understanding of child development relevant to the age group of the program
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of family/kinship connections to youth in our program and support those connections by welcoming parents, relatives, and caregivers on visits and facilitating planned contacts with families in the program, the community, and the family/relative home
- Demonstrate an ability to form and maintain positive, nurturing relationships with youth by building trust and supporting competencies through interest and active engagement
- Demonstrate an empathetic understanding of complex trauma and its effects including abuse, loss, and neglect that youth bring to placement, incorporating that understanding in interactions with youth, families, and collaterals with therapeutic responses to pain based behavior
- Demonstrate an awareness of the physical and emotional environment by contributing to the school being a place that is emotionally and physically safe, nurturing, appropriately engaging and stimulating, which fosters growth and resilience
- Work as part of a team to identify needs and strategies to meet those needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and role in individual youth treatment plans, including their assessment, particular needs, behavioral goals, and identified intervention strategies
- Deliver effective services in a manner that respects client’s right to privacy and is in line with Brandon’s core mission of providing boys with exceptional therapeutic services that will help them move as quickly as possible to a less restrictive school and home setting
- Provide active support to students unable to remain in the classroom setting utilizing appropriate alternative settings.
- Provide direct supervision to a minimum of two teachers assistants or other staff positions as assigned.
- Support the professional development of teacher assistants by providing guidance in the development of behavioral plans, mentoring and appropriate role modeling.
- Provide leadership and training to staff in order to carry out the mission of Brandon’s overarching clinical model (CARE) to support students.
- Evaluate client progress towards educational and therapeutic goals and develop appropriate strategies utilizing the tenets of our clinical model, related behavior management systems, treatment team, and creating thinking to ensure movement towards client’s goals.
- Actively participate in department meetings, treatment teams, and conferences.
- Attend orientation and assigned trainings. Track personal training hours to ensure completion of yearly mandatory trainings and target hours.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely fashion including daily documentation, weekly assessment reports etc.
- Provide leadership and training to staff in order to implement appropriate sensory integration techniques with students.
- Communicate job related information effectively/professionally to members of the Brandon community utilizing the agency’s extranet/email systems and direct/personal interactions.
- Adhere to the attendance and work schedule policies of Brandon including work hours per week and the use of sick/holiday/vacation days
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by supervisory or administrative staff
- Upon completion of BRTC transportation orientation will drive a BRTC vehicle as needed.
Monday-Friday 7am-3pm. $13-$16.25 range hourly with regards to experience and college degree.